We are sometimes asked, “What path have you followed to arrive here, at the point where you apparently know nothing about my business, and yet say that you can help me to improve its performance?”
We find that a very tought question to answer succinctly, but the luxury of a website is that we can write the story in some detail here, and if you’re bored, you can skip it.
On the other hand if you read it, find it credible, and it makes sense you may come to the conclusion that we are very well equipped to be of use to you, to facilitate achieving your business goals more quickly, more safely and more certainly than might otherwise be the case.
There have been many contributors to what, today, is ProfiTune, but the story of ProfiTune has at its heart the story of our Directors, Peter Rowe and Judi Reid and their search for better and more advanced ways in which to learn, teach and do business.
Timeline – the Short Version
- 1968 Dip Tech Education, studying and applying teaching theory
- 1969-1973 Teacher of Commercial Studies, TAFE Parkes NSW
- 1973-1975 Head Teacher, TAFE Dubbo NSW. Youngest Head Teacher in TAFE history.
- 1975 founded Bullitt Transmissions Dubbo; 1977 BT Orange; 1978 BT Wagga Wagga. Initally an automatic transmission specialist, diversified into a wide range of speciality repairs, testbed design, and component remanufacturing. 28 staff. Variety of industry awards, and firsts (manufactured Australia’s only 12-speed automatic Land Cruiser). Sold in 1990
- 1984 founded ProTec Fitness Equipment to manufacture gymnasium equipment to his design. (Continued with Bullitt)
- 1987 commenced development of software to manage Bullitt Automotive. Initially invested $25,000 with contractor New Age Business Systems (NABS); eventually funded the contractor to complete development for a further $250,000.
- 1986 Peter elected to 4-year term as Dubbo City Council Alderman (what he describes, positively, as “an education money could not buy“).
- 1990 Peter established ProBusiness Systems and continued development of AutoMate software, investing a further $500,000 in its completion. Dominated automotive, marine and power equipment industry software for 10 years.
- 1992 joined by Judi Reid as General Manager. Judi brought vast experience in accounting, administration, law and IT to the role.
- 1996 won Australian DesignMark for AutoMate. Sales into Fiji, China, SE Asia and throughout Australia. 3,500 clients. Ultra Tune Australia still runs on this software today (2009).
- 1998 Judi Reid departed ProBusiness and took over management of large wholesale operation, progresses to become a Director and shareholder of Computer Research & Technology.
- 2000 Peter sold ProBusiness, founded ProfiTune Business Systems and commenced development of business coaching software and systems.
- 2002 acquired interest in Business Publications Australia, was rejoined by Judi, and the two relocated to Queensland Gold Coast to continue systems development. Established franchise operation recruiting, training and accrediting Business Improvement Specialiststm.
- 2005 sold Business Publications interest and in partnership with Judi Reid converted coach development to a licensee model, continuing systems development and Business Coach training and accreditation. Launched Queensland Government Small Business Accelerator program, designing and delivering 30 seminars to more than 2000 business owners throughout Queensland over the next 2 years.
- 2009 developed intellectual property to support a Diploma of Business Coaching under the Vocations Educations & Training regime and, in partnership with The Executive Institute of Management, gained accreditation for the Diploma as Australia’s first nationally-recognised accreditation and standard for Business Coaches.
- 2009 first in the Business Puzzles book series – Solving the People Puzzle – published.
So, if you sum all of that up, ProfiTune is at the convergence of an unusually wide and respectably long trail of skills and experience in founding, developing and selling businesses, all the while with an insatiable curiosity as to what makes business – and businesspeople – tick, and how their performance in managing time, people and resources might be improved.
We know how to help people in business, get to where they want to be, quicker, safer and more surely.
You might be interested in discovering whether you fit the ideal profile of the people with whom we seek to work.